Monday, August 12, 2013

Week # 5 Crazy Life as a Missionary!!






These are pictures of the Berlin Dom, the largest church in Berlin.  It was built in the Baroque style and has a lot of famous people buried in the crypt, including infant caskets.  Very impressive building with great views from the top!



Ach I just LOVE being a missionary!  It really is the best thing ever.  Echt.  And I love Germany!!  The language is coming slowly but surely and the people here are so amazing and so prepared!
So, as many of you know, my uncle Greg and his family live in Berlin....in fact, he is the Bishop of the ward closest to where I am.....
So I talked to my mission president during interviews this week about seeing him at some point.....
You know what he said?

He said he trusts me and he trusts my uncle and that we can see each other!

And not just that!!  We can see each other every other week, whenever he has time to see me.  he said go out to lunch.  See your uncle.
I just about cried, my mission president is amazing.  He gives you the freedom you deserve and he said he believes us both to be good.
I get to see him.  Many times.
President said... there is a reason the Lord called me to the closest area outside of Greg's actual ward, and he wasn't going to get in the way of that.
What a blessing, I am so grateful for my President and for the Lord and for the opportunity to be here in Spandau!!

SO I AM SEEING GREG TODAY!!!!

As such, I have zero time to write.  Just know that I love you all so much and we see miracles every single day here in Spandau.  There are so many prepared people here and our message is true so they listen.  I love being a missionary and getting to share with people that the Lord knows and loves them, and that we have a prophet again today, just like in days of the Bible.  I am so blessed to be a missionary for the restored church of God!
Keep the faith, I love and miss you all, and I pray for you!  Remember that Heavenly Father loves you and that He answers the prayers of His children.  I know that to be true.  Until next week, tchüssy!!!

Love, SIster Stringham

#missionaryproblems:

-getting fat off all the chocolate you buy to talk to the man who runs the kiosk (He's got the glow!)

-being hugged and kissed by your drunk investigator when you see him on the bus

-when your investigators come to church and you are assigned to teach 'the organization of the priesthood' in sunday school...as a sister missionary....naja (oh well: our favorite term here in Germany)

-when you can get more dates as a missionary than at home 

Ich liebe euch!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment