Monday, August 26, 2013

Week #7 Last week before transfers!

The Mighty Missionaries!

Wait what?! 

Last week of the TRANSFER?!?  How have I already been here so long?!?  I really don't know, the time has really gone by so fast. 

Sister Jardine and I are just blown away that the time has gone by so quickly and we could leave each other after this week!  We both love working together other so much and have so much work to do here is Spandau that we want to stay, but we will go where the Lord needs us!! There are so many families we have just absolutely fallen in love with here, and there are so many people who are so close to coming into the fold of God.  There will be several new members of the church here in Spandau next transfer.  The people are so ready, and when we pray for miracles, they happen!
So we had THE COOLEST experience this week:
So we went out to contact this referral that we had and the bus drops us off literally on the side of this abandoned road in the middle of the forest.  We both just looked at each other and started laughing as we watched the bus drive away and leave us there all alone...... 

Naja (oh well)!  So we said a prayer and started walking, praying we were going in the right direction.  So we are walking down the side of this road when we see this stone staircase that looks like the stairs from Lord of the Rings, and we get the impression to go down them.  They lead to a parking lot behind an abandoned boatyard.  Sooooo we said another prayer, got the same prompting, and started walking down them.  Once down there, we saw  little path leading to some Gartenplazen, or little garten houses, so we started walking towards it, right?  Wrong!  We both start slowing down and turned around.  We start laughing because we are both getting a feeling that we should go the other way.  The other way is a SKETCHY old construction zone underneath a steel bridge.  We did not want to go.  But!  We will go where the Lord wants us to go, and He definitely wanted us to go that way!  So we did!  It led around a bend to some rundown Gartenplatzen.  The first person we see is an old man with a bloody hand, sawing away at big blocks of wood.  Again, SO SKETCHY!  Felt like he was the one we needed to talk to though, so with a prayer in our hearts, we went up.  Turns out, he's not interested, but he is Bulgarian!  Gotta love our ausländers!  So we go and talk to the other 4 souls in that whole area, and feel like we should go back to the first man.  Still not interested, but he was much sweeter and understood what we were saying the second time.  Sister Jardine and I still feel like we need to go back to him, so I think we'll go back this week with a Book of Mormon in Bulgarian.

Moral of the Story:

First, the Lord is with and protects His missionaries!  When we are careful and obedient and do the things the Lord asks with inspiration, we will be protected and cared for.  I truly feel like we have angels with us here in the mission field, and I know with all my heart that I am doing the work of the Lord.
Second, the Spirit is REAL! The Lord guides us to the people we need to find, who need Christ in their lives.  I can feel the Spirit so distinctly that I know God is in this work.  I know that, as we pray for guidance and practice recogniying and discerning the Spirit, that we will be led to where the Lord wants us to be and to the people that the Lord wants us to help.
Family and firends, I love being a missionary!!  I love this Church!  It is the true Church of God!!  if you don't know that yet, ask God about it:
http://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2013-06-002-origin?category=mormon-messages/mormon-messages-2013

I know that He is there and that He answers prayers.  I know that He loves His children so much!  And I love you all too!  Thank you for all you do and for your prayers!  I love being a missionary and I can see the Lord's hand here in Spandau.  We see miracles everyday and we see people change their lives to follow Christ.  It is amazing and I am so blessed to be here.  I love you all!
Love, Sister Stringham

Check out the top of the blog on the right and find my mailing address and email address.  Write to me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment