Monday, August 19, 2013

Week #6 Time is Flying!

I went touring with the new missionaries to the Sachenhausen Concentration Camp

The Gates to the Camp

Arbeit Macht Frei was propoganda to make those in the Concentration
Camp think that if they worked hard they would be freed.

Guard Tower

Cremation

Execution Trench

Enough of That!  On to Happier Times...

Berlin and the Fam

A perfectly awful photo of me combining morning exercise (jogging in place
while doing dishes) and cleaning the house.  So excited to see everyone!!!

Here I am at the famous Brandenburg Gate with my Uncle Greg and Aunt Chantel!  He's the Bishop
of the Tiergarten Ward in Berlin.  I know.  You can't believe how cool they are.

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.  Can you name them?

The Reichstag Building where the Pariament meets.  I can hardly believe I'm here in Berlin!!

The Russian Liberation Memorial

Another photo from the Soviet Liberation Memorial

Marilyn Monroe at Madam Tussauds.  I'm thinking of offering her
a Book of Mormon.  What do you think?

The Dom, a large Protestant Church

The Neptune Fountain near the Dom

My cousins, Ethan, Cora, and Everett.  They all speak fluent German and have lived here
for over 3 years.  So, so happy to get to see them.  

Hope you enjoyed my brief tour.  Really do wish
you could all be here with me.  

Hallo!  
I can't believe how quickly the time is flying here in Spandau!  I've already been here for almost a month!  Spandau really is the best.  We see so many miracles here!  The people are so prepared for the gospel of Jesus Christ, and people are put into our path everyday who are ready to hear the message of the Restoration!
So this past week has been a crazy one!
First off, I got to see Uncle Greg and his family (shoutout to the Fawsons!) which was so great!!  We met up for lunch and then we went and toured some of the more famous parts of Berlin!  I took pictures, so hopefully you looked at some of those and can see the places I got to see!  

The rest of this week was good, even though most of our appointments fell out which was a little bit of a struggle.  The Lord really did show us His love though and that He was proud of us because, when it was hardest, we met so many families ready for the gospel!  Ach, Sister Jardine and I LOVE telling families that they can be together forever.  And youth!  Ach there are so many youth here that are ready to hear about Christ and His message of peace and happiness!  Spandau is the best.
One cool story from this week:

So one of our appoinments fell out (people in Berlin are not always as committed as they should be) so we decided to have a 'find by inspiration' time.  SO COOL!!!  We said a prayer and just started walking.  Everytime we came to a fork in the road, we would both get a distinct impression to go a certain way.  Ach the Spirit of the Lord is REAL.  I testify of that!  So we kept at this for a while and were led to a building.  We almost passed it by, but got a distinct feeling to go back and klingel (go door to door). 

 So... we started from the fifth floor and worked our way down.  On the second floor, this old Russian woman and her granddaughter opened the door and I KNEW that they were the reason we were there.  The grandma actually lives in another area, so we referred her to the sisters in her area, who happen to be our two favorite sisters in the whole mission.  The little girl is 9 and isn't allowed to go to church, but we are going to go back and try to change that.  They were so sweet and wonderful, and RUSSIAN!  It has kinda become a sign to us here when someone says they are Russian that we are supposed to teach them.  I think we are currently teaching more foreigners, mostly Russians, than Germans.  I love the Russians!  

Also in that building we found a man who works 15 hours a day and happened to be home for just a few minutes.  He said that he desperately needs peace and we promised him that, if he would pray that night, he would know that there was a God and that He loved him.  We called him the next day and he said it worked, and we have an appointment to teach him more this week.  
The Lord is real and He listens to and answers our prayers.

I love being a missionary.  I feel so blessed and humbled to be a missionary at this time of the great hastening of the work of God, and in this place where the children of God are so prepared and ready to hear the message of the restored gospel of Christ.  I am SO blessed to be here and to witness all of the miracles that I do everyday.  The Church is true and God is with us in this work!!
I love you all so much!!  I pray for you everyday!  Bis Montag!
Love, Sister Stringham
#missionaryproblems:

-running after your investigators when they leave church early....and chasing them all the way down the street!
-when German men wink at you (which is A LOT)
-when people answer the door in their underwear (which also happens a lot) #gottalovegermany
Tchüssy!






No comments:

Post a Comment