Monday, October 14, 2013

Week *14 Immer noch in Spandau! (Still in Spandau)

My dear family and friends,


So transfer calls were this week......SISTER JARDINE AND I ARE STAYING IN SPANDAU!!!  We are so happy!!  We love Spandau and the people here, and we love being companions!  Like loads!  By the end of this transfer, we will have spent 3024 hours together.  Nuts right?  Its the best though!  We have so much fun serving the Lord and the people around us!  A mission is such a beautiful experience.  Its hard, and it  has the toughest heartbreaks, but also, it is the best happiest time of my life.  I can't even describe the joy that comes from bringing people to Christ and seeing miracles all around you every day.  I love being a missionary and I love being in Spandau!!
Some great things that happend this week:
-Going to Oktoberfest last week!  We ate bratwurst and listened to German music and just soaked in the culture and beauty of Germany.  Definitely one of the happiest times on my mission!


Oktoberfest!
-Rain.  It rains a lot here.  Like a lot.  And I loove it!  I am so happy to go out in a coat (and hopefully I'll get some boots soon so that my feet will be dry) and just get wet and be happy!  The church is true, no matter what the weather, and I love being a missionary in Germany when it is rainy!
-This week we went to Institute in Tiergarten and later to a baptism in NueKöln with Boatang.  Boatang is the best.  Really, maybe the funniest guy I know.  He is 25 and from Ghana, he speaks no German but he does speak Italian, and he is trying to teach us Twi.  His english isn't the best, so he explains himself through verses from the Bible a lot of times, which I think he has memorized.  He is so faithful it is insane, and he wants to be baptized.  He wants to talk to God, and he just always wants to be happy and make God happy.  I am so blessed to teach him.  We NEVER see the same person twice here in Berlin, and we see Boatang all the time.  And, he met with missionaries when he was in Milan!  Crazy right?  The Lord really is leading him, and I know that he has something great planned for him. I love being a missionary and being able to meet people like Boatang and help them come unto Christ!
-Artur is my favorite person on the planet.  He loves God and He loves this church and he loves us! Only time I've ever heard Artur excited is when we called him to tell him we were both staying in Spandau.  I love this man and I am so grateful that I know him!


Artur 
-When Bruder Olaf stayed after church to sing and play for me every ragtime love song he knew on the piano, and tell stories about Frank Sinatra (or Franky Boy) in Berlin.  In his heavy German accent, 'My Joonnnny liez ove ze ocean, my Joonnnnny liz ove ze zeeee.' It was one of the best moments of my life.  I love my mission and I love Germany!!
Okay well that's it for this week!  I love you all and I am thinking of you and praying for you!  And I love being a missionary!
Love, Sister Dilly Dal Stringham

No comments:

Post a Comment