Monday, April 21, 2014

Week #41 - FROHE OSTERN!

Happy Easter evryone!!  I hope you all had a wonderful day and felt the love of the Savior!!!  What do mormons believe about Easter?  Here you go: 


I know He lives and I feel His love and His presence every day of my life.  I am so grateful and humbled by the opportunity to represent Him and carry His gospel to the world.  I love this work!

Easter is celebrated a little differently here.  In Germany they have work off for Green Thursday (no idea), Black Friday, Easter Sunday, and Monday (absolutely no idea).  It is really cool though because it gives you a little more time to really think about the Savior and everything that He has done for us!  Germans have their holidays down :)



So this week was AMAZING!  An Easter miracle, truly.

We had several incredible and powerful lessons, and on Friday, we went to an Easter concert in Hamburg.  Hamburg is an hour away by train, but guess what...we had TWO investigators come!  TWO!!!  Bruder Roberto and Sigrid both came with us and loved it.  They both said they were so moved (Sigrid cried and Roberto said his whole body was filled witht his warm, good feeling and had goosebumps everywhere).  It was a MIRACLE.

And then, on Sunday, an even greater miracle....

SIGRID CAME TO CHURCH WITH US!!!!

Let me repeat, WE HAD SOMEONE AT CHURCH!  This never happens folks, ever.  No one has come to church in our area for at least three or four transfers, because it is so far.  But Sigrid did!  We rode the train with her, and then some ward members picked us up from the train station so we didn't have to walk another half hour. 



 It was a miracle, an Easter miracle!  She loooovedddd church.  She felt the Spirit so strongly, and everyone introduced themselves and just made her feel so welcomed and so loved.  It was perfect!!  This ward is amazing and truly is like a family, and just understand and live the gospel.  After church, some of the members even drove her home while we went to our eating appointment.  I love the members here!!  Sigrid spent all of her money on train tickets to the concert and to church this weekend, so we are praying praying praying that we will be able to find a way to get her there this week too!  She is really loving and learning about the love of God!  

Then, after church, all the missionaries were invited to Familie Glück's for Easter.



 It was WONDERFUL, and just about as close to feeling like at home with the family as I could ever get. They live in a big farm house with lots of kids and sheep and chickens and bunnies and love.  I LOVE that family!!  




They invited us over and we played games, ate a wonderful dinner (potatoes and veggies and rotkohl and bunny), and THEN we had an Easter egg hunt!



  Ah!  It was so fun!!  They had made little goodie bags for all the missionaries and hid them around the yard, so we got to go find them and just have so much fun.



  I love this family so much!!  They just have so much love and share it with everyone, especially with the missionaries as their own daughter is serving in Italy. 



 I am SO BLESSED to be here.  I am so blessed to be here!  I am so blessed and so grateful!!  

I love my mission and I love my Savior and I love all of you.  Keep smiling and shining your light, and working on your relationship with your Savior.  He loves you!!  I am praying for you, und wünsche euch alles alles gute!!  

Liebe Grüße,
Sister Stringham

No comments:

Post a Comment