Monday, April 28, 2014

Week #42 - Alles Gute zum Geburtstag!!

Hello Liebschens!!

We had such a wonderful, fun week here in Lüneburg!!
I don't have a lot of time this week, but I will do a quick sum up:

We met with Alex again, the American who is studying to be a Catholic Priest.  In our first lesson, he wanted to debate and bible bash a little bit, but we were really firm on just bearing testimony and promising blessings and inviting him to read and pray and find out for himself.  The lesson was powerful and we prayed that he would. 

 THIS WEEK he came back and just said that he understood now why we wouldn't fight with him, because it took away the Spirit and that he really respected that.  He listened to what we had to say as we taught the plan, and you could just feel the change in his attitude.  He was reeeeaaalllllyy listening.  He wanted to know.  We taught and testified of what we KNEW, and he felt it.  

He gasped when we read 1 Corinthians 15:40-41 and talked about what we knew was God's plan for us after this life.  It was an amazing lesson.  While I was on tausch (missionary splits) later in the week, Sister Knecht and Sister Jardine met with him again and taught him the gospel of Christ.  As he prayed at the end, he prayed so sincerely and so beautifully.  I am so grateful for the MIRACLE that it has been to find and to teach him.  He goes home this week, but hopefully we will be sending him to some missionaries there that will be able to help him continue to discover the truth himself.

Tausch was AMAZING!!!!  I learned so much and was just so filled with joy the entire time!  I KNOW this is the work of God!!  And that it is rolling forward and that nothing in this world can stop it, and I am just so grateful to be a part of it!!

On Wednesday, we went to the Chocolate Factory in Hamburg with our district.  #fatandhappysister

Also, exciting news this week, Sister Knecht cut her hand open this week, which sent us back to the hospital...good thing we have such good practice with that already!  They will know us there by the time we get transferred!  Dont worry, she's all good now, and got to wear a big old wrap on her hand for a while :)

Okay, and MOST EXCITING NEWS....Saturday we spent the day helping a less active in her garden (they use stinging nettle here to make tea, so we harvested that...), and then....we went to Hamburg...AND WE SAW THE FAWSONS!  It was wonderful to be with my family, my aunt, uncle and cousins,especially for my birthday!  We went out to dinner at a Chinese restaurant and I got to spend the evening with the kiddos crawling all over me and listening to my family joke and laugh and it was just so perfect.  I am SO BLESSED.  And I am so grateful!!





Also, yes, my birthday!  I am 21 folks!  Crazy!  I am so grateful to be out serving the Lord at this time!  For my birthday, Sister Knecht made crepes and decorated the house with balloons, I GOT A PACKAGE FROM SISTER TOLMAN because she is the cutest, chocolate and a cd from my wonderful district leader, and I got tupperware from ward members.  Also my Zone Leaders and President and Sister Kosak called and sang to me.  Couldnt be happier :)


 Well that's it folks!  I am happy, I am grateful, I am blessed, I am old, and I love being a missionary!  And I LOVE YOU!  Be good, keep smiling and remember how much Jesus loves you!!  I'm praying for you!!
Love, Sister Dally

P.S. President 
Kimball is remembered for his statement, “My life 
ilike my shoes—to be worn out in service.” 










Don't worry, pday activity is getting some new ones so I dont look like such a hobo. Love it though!!

No comments:

Post a Comment