Monday, April 7, 2014

Week #39 - Come Hear the Prophet's Voice!

HALLO!!!

We had the best week we have EVER had here in Lüneburg!! 

We had a service project  for a less active in our ward, and a few lessons, AND...
...we had an eating appointment with Familie Liebich in our ward. 

Now let me tell you a little bit about the Liebichs:
Bruder and Schwester Liebich are humble converts of 41 years.  They have some of the most beautiful testimonies I have ever heard, and they are so strongly committed to this church and this gospel.  When Bruder Liebich bore his testimony in church, he nearly shouted from the pulpit how much he knew this church was true and how he would never ever fall away.

Bruder and Schwester Liebich make AMAZING bread (dont worry, I got the recipe), and this week when we went over we got to help make bread!  And then they gave us a loaf!!  Such an answer to the prayers of two sisters who hadnt gone grocery shopping that week....

Bruder and Schwester Liebich are shepherds.  Like real live shepherds, in Germany.  BEST moment of my mission was probably when Bruder Liebich loaded us into his car and drove us around the farm so that we could take pictures of his sheep, and to show us his pride and joy, the JakobSchafe (a sheep with 4 horns).  They made their entire living off their sheep, and now are down to just 80 in their retirement.  They showed us all the pictures of their past though, and it was like out of a fairytale...



Bruder and Schwester Liebich collect pioneer wagons.  Like, real pioneer wagons.  Bruder Liebich and his family fled to Poland in a wagon at the beginning of WWII, and when he joined the church and learned the history of our pioneers, he became fascinated and decided that he had to learn more.  Since that day, he has been finding and buying and collecting wagons from all over the world.  He has donated many to the church, and 20  years ago, he and his wife went on the trek reenactment for 3 weeks with their own pioneer wagon drawn by oxen from Germany.  

Bruder Liebich showed us all of his wagons, his bike and car from ddr time, and all of the other amzing things he collected.  He was just so excited and led us from room to room saying, "Do you want to see the BEST car in the world....Do you want to see the BEST wagon in the world....?"  AH so cool!




I can't even describe how much I love the people here.  I was just filled with so much JOY as I spent time on the Liebich's farm, with the sheep and the fresh german bread and the faithful members who love and live the gospel with ALL their hearts.  I am so blessed to be here.  I love my mission and I am so grateful that I can serve the people here, and have my own testimony so strengthened everyday.

Speaking of testimonies strengthened.....GENERAL KONFERENZ!  Best of my life!  Wow!  I learned so much and had so many prayers answered!  I am so grateful that we have a prophet again on the earth today, just like Moses or Noah, who speaks the word of God and helps and guides us on our path back to our Father in Heaven.  I am so grateful for trials and tests of faith that help us to be stronger and trust deeper.  I am so grateful for my Savior, and that I am NEVER ALONE, no matter what I may be going through.  He has gone through it all, and will not forsake me, but will ALWAYS be there by my side.  I am so grateful for His gospel, and I know and testify that it is true and that it will bless us with more happiness in this life and in the life to come than we can ever imagine.

I love you all and am praying for you!  Believe in God, listen to the prophet, follow the Savior, and keep smiling!!

Love, Sister Dally Stringham

No comments:

Post a Comment