Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Week #11 New Life

I'm in the Zone!!  No, seriously, 
this is my zone.
...and this is my district.  They're feeding
us lunch!!!

What do you mean there's no dessert?
O-o-o-oh!  You were just kidding!  
Of course we're still glad to be missionaries!

Hallo Everyone!
So, this week is all about lives being changed!
1) Jenny is going to baptized on the 12th of October!  YAY!  We are so excited, and she is so excited to have a brand new life!  Baptism is so beautiful because, when you show your faith and choose to follow Christ, all your sins can be washed away!  Jenny is ready for that, and she is so excited to start her new life as a disciple of Christ!  I love being a missionary!
2)  Have I ever told you about Artur?  Well, he is one of the best people I have ever met.  He is from Russia and has a rough past, but the power of gospel is SO apparent in the life of this man.  Being a missionary is the best because you get to see how the Atonement can change people's lives.  He has come to church every week since we met him (beginning of last transfer), has stopped coffee and tea, has almost given up alcohol (and he was an alcoholic), and is working on giving up smoking.  This man is AMAZING and he has so much love for God.  Being an old man from Russia, he has a bit of a poker face during lessons and he doesn't say much, but man, you ask him if he knows God loves him and WOW, it is powerful.  He Knows.  And you can see his faith in his eyes!  He loves this gospel and he wants a brand new life.  I love this gospel because it works miracles!  This man eats at a soup kitchen most nights, but yesterday, he came to church in a suit with his Russian Book of Mormon in hand.  I am so blessed to be here around such incredible people.  I know that God loves us and knows us!
3) I had Zone Conference this week and it changed my life!  Woo!  I love being a missionary in Germany!  And I love President and SIster Kosak; they are so inspired and love their missionaries so much.  So blessed to be here!
Also, one of our investigators gave us a whole bag of choclate, which was pretty cool!
So that was my week in a nutshell!  I love this church and I love that I can always be getting better and coming closer to Christ!
Well, that's all folks!  Thank you for the letters (ward news letter and from Miss Shelbey) and the support!  It is so good to know that I am not forgotten over here and it is so good to hear that things are going well at home! So write me!   I love you all and I am praying for you!  God Bless!!
Love, Sister Stringham
#missionaryproblems:
-Tights.  The Germans have NO problem pointing out any holes in your tights.  Like at all.  Like everyone at Church. Naja, the work goes on!
-Elevators aren't really a thing here, and when they do exist, they are SKETCHY!  Translation: we climb lots and lots and lots of stairs!
-Umbrellas are an essential.  Every day.  Starts out raining and cold, then it gets hot, then the sun disappears and it rains again.  Its the best!!  We do lots of tracting in the rain, and we have both broken our umbrellas in the whirlwinds which are a daily thing here.  Naja, the work goes on!
-When your investigators rap in english...'I do not think that word means what you think it means...'
-The German Language
Also, anybody else excited?!?!!  Two week countdown!!
Ich liebe euch!!  Tschüss!!

No comments:

Post a Comment