Monday, September 30, 2013

Week #12 New Life


Still can't believe I'm here sometimes... I love being a missionary and I love Berlin!

Mon, Sep 30, 2013


Now that that's there....
I love being a missionary! This week had its ups and downs, where for a few days almost all of our appointments fell out, but the work goes on! Just when you start to get a little discouraged, and you think, 'Okay Lord, this is hard. Why don't people listen?' Right at that moment, you find the most prepared person on the street or something funny happens to you or one of your investigators gets on to the same bus and is excited to see you! 

And that makes it all worth it!  There is light everywhere, and you can see the hand of the Lord every single day when you look for it. The Lord is truly in this work, and I love being part of it!
So this week, we made a lot of new friends on the street...we are now very well known by the Spandau drunks!  We had some great conversations, and I think I may have agreed to marry one man?  

I'm not totally sure, he had a pretty strong polish accent and only a couple teeth, but I may or may not be engaged.  Cool.  

Seriously though, they're the funniest and there seems to be an abundance of them here.  Gotta love Germany, where there are beers and condoms in every vending machine, and the drunks hang out on the street in the mornings.  I love it though, and I love these people and I love Germany!!
This week we also found this great couple from Africa (we teach a LOT of Afrikaners here) who are SO prepared and excited about this gospel!  Their names are Josephin and Amos, and they are so cool!!  During our lesson, they just kept saying "You know, its just all about the love of God!  I know I am a son of God and that He loves me and wants to guide me.  I am excited that you come here to talk more about the word of God!"  They were excited about the Book of Mormon and to hear from the prophet this weekend.
Speaking of that....is anybody else excited?!?!?!?!  I am!!!!  GENERAL KONFERENZ IS THIS WEEKEND!!!!!  WOOHOOOO!  We are printing out lots of flyers and loving telling everone we meet that we have a prophet again on the earth today! Please watch and listen to what the prophet of God has to say to us! I promise it will bless and change your life, and that you will feel the Spirit of God!
Speaking of changing your life, I love our investigators and the amazing changes they are making in their lives!  Artur (the Russian Criminal) and Jenny and Wichain (super smart Thai guy we met on the bus) all want to be baptized and to start a new life as followers of Christ.  This Church is true and this is the work of God.  I love being a missionary because, not only do I have awkward experiences with drunks on the streets and with people taking pictures of me and getting lost all the time, but I get to see people turn their lives around and come to Christ.  It is incredible to be a part of it.  I love being a missioanry!  And I love you all!  I miss you and I love to hear from you and I pray for you!  God bless!
Love, Sister Stringham


I just love my companion!




No comments:

Post a Comment