Friday, November 8, 2013

Week #17 Brand New Dal!



I love Familie Silva!!  They are so WUNDEBAR and do so much for us!  they are definitely my second family and will always be my home away from home!

Hallo from Germany!
Well, my life was changed this week.  No jokes.  It was probable the most wonderful week of my life.  I am so happy and I am so grateful to be a missionary!
So break-down of this week:

First, we had Mission Tour this week.  WOOH what a whirlwind.  Seriously, it was life changing.  Two members of the seventy, Elder Kearon and Elder Finglele, came and spoke to us about the mission and about how to be better disciples of Christ.  We had a big conference with President and his wife, and half of all the other missionaries in the mission.  It was AMAZING.  So inspired, and I left a better and stronger person for sure.  The after the conference, I was able to have a personal interview with Elder Kearon where he looked into my soul, answered my prayers, and changed my life.  I KNOW that God knows me and that He has a great plan for me and that I will change lives on my mission.  I know that this is the work of the Lord, and that He is in it!  I am so grateful and humbled ot be a missionary!

Second, we found this ELECT family.  We had been praying to find an elect family ready for the gospel.  We had planned to drop off a Russian Book of Mormon to a contact, and when she wasn't home, we said a prayer and started walking.  Not five minutes later, we met Alekses on the street, an incredibly faithful RUSSIAN man with his family.  He was elect.  He testified to us of God's plan and love for his family, and gladly accepted the Book of Mormon.  A few day later, and with the prayers of our faithful Zone Leaders with us, we went to teach him. As soon as he opened the door, the Spirit hit us like a wall.  It was so strong in that home and throughout the entire lesson.  God was glorified, and we all learned and came closer to Christ.  He is SO faithful and so ready to have any truth he can find.  He KNOWS God.  You can see it.  We prayed and taught and he prayed and taught and cried.  It was incredible, definitely one of the most amazing experiences of my life.  I am so humbled to be a missionary.  Really, God just lets us see miracle after miracle as He calls and gathers His children.  I am so grateful to be here!

Third, we had a ward Talent Show this week.  Despite the public humiliation of singing in front of a ton of people, it was a great success!  There were so many people there and it was so much fun!  We all came closer to each other, and it was wonderful to feel like a family, and to fall in love with the Germans all over again.  We have a wonderful ward and we work with wonderful people.  I am so blessed to be here, and I will always think of Spandau as my second home!

Fourth, Wichian had his big Thai festival this weekend which we went to, and it was pretty much the best thing of my life.  I love our investigators and I love being a missionary in Berlin.  Berlin is so fun because you don't work with just Germans, but with people from all over the world.  We teach Thais and Russians and Afrikans and Serbians and Romanians and French and Americans and so many more.  I love being a missionary!!

Fifth, Church yesterday was SO great!  Jeff came for the first time and he loved it so much that he bore his testimony, and stood up and clapped after another member bore hers.  Honestly, it was wonderful.  It is wonderful to see the gospel touch and change people.  The spirit is new for so many that we teach, and it strengthens my own testimony to see theirs growing.  I am so grateful to be here!
So to sum up, it was pretty much the best week of my life.  I have been inspired and uplifted and strengthened and so blessed.  I am so blessed and so happy!  I love being a missionary.  I love working hard and serving and giving all of my heart to the Lord.  I love this gospel.  I know that it is true and I KNOW that God knows and loves His children.  I know it, and I hope you know it too!  He loves us and He knows us and He has a plan for us!  I love you all and I love hearing from you (thank you for the letters, they mean the world to me) and I miss you and I am praying for you!  Stay happy and faithful and remember that you are loved!

Love, Sister Stringham

Some inspiring words from Elder Kearon: http://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2011-08-004-the-sting-of-the-scorpion?lang=eng


As close as you get to family auf mission...I love these kids!!

No comments:

Post a Comment