Monday, March 3, 2014

Week #34 - HALFWAY HOME

I am halfway through my mission. 

I.am.halfway.through.my.mission.

In 9 months from TODAY, I get on a plane and head back to America, to see all of your shining smiling faces, and leave all the people I love here behind.

So bittersweet.  And I am freaking out.  HALFWAY HOME!!
Its great though!  I love my mission and I love this work, and I know that it is preparing me for the rest of my life.  I have changed so much, and I am so much better than I was before, and so much closer to my Father in Heaven and my Savior Jesus Christ.  I am so grateful for every single day that I have here.  I am so grateful for all that I am learning and all that I am feeling and all that I am becoming. 
And I am so grateful for everyone I am meeting here!!  I love Germans and the people I work with here.  I LOVE THE WARD IN LAUENBURG!

Golly, I love this ward!!  They are so full of love and happiness!  They are so wonderful and I am so grateful to be here and so grateful that I am working to bring more people into their family!  Yesterday, at church, it was just so happy and the love of Christ was truly there and the Spirit was so strong and I just know with all my heart that this church is the true church of Jesus Christ.  I know that this is where our Father in Heaven wants all of His children.  I know this is where true and lasting joy comes.  I love this gospel and I love the Church of Jesus Christ!

After church, Sister Knecht and I, Familie Arndt, and Famile Warnke all went over to Familie Bonecelli's house for dinner.  Schwester Bonecelli is SO COOL.  I cant even describe.   She is not a member of the church (she is working on a smoking addiction before her baptism), but she comes every Sunday and teaches a dancing class and an Italian class and just LOVES the missionaries and the ward and the gospel.  She is SO cool!!  I love her so much!  We went over to her house for dinner where she prepared a HUGE, 5 course, Italian meal for all of us.  It was so "lecker" (delicious), and I just cant describe in words the joy that I felt.  It wasnt even anything in particular, but I was just bursting with joy.

This is why I love my mission.  This is why I love this work.  God lets us feel just the tiniest bit of His love for His children; see just the tiniest bit of their potential; feel just the tiniest bit of His joy.  I love this gospel and I love my God and I love my mission!  I am so happy and so grateful!
I love you all so much, and miss you, and pray for you, and cant wait to see you in LESS THAN 9 MONTHS!  Stay faithful and smiling!  And pray for us here in Lüneburg!!

Love, Sister Stringham

No comments:

Post a Comment