Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Week #35 Sunshine!!

I love Lüneburg and I LOVE Lauenburg.

So I am in the country.  In the German Countryside.
I love it.  It is so beautiful.  There are sheep and big houses and grumpy old Germans and thatched roofs and rolling hills and green everywhere.

  AND!  The sun came out this week!  IT IS SUNNY AND BEAUTIFUL!!!!  It felt like spring in America and left me missing watermelon and country music.  But!  It is INDESCRIBABLY beautiful here in northern Germany and I know that I will miss this place forever and ever when I go back home.

It was such a blessing to see the sun this week.  And to feel warm.  This Arizona girl was quite happy.  And another miracle!!!!

WE TAUGHT A REAL LIVE LESSON THIS WEEK!!!  AHHH it was the most wonderful thing on the planet.  We finally taught a real lesson in a real house to a real investigator with real interest.  First time that has happened in this area in months, and it was a REAL miracle.  I am so grateful and humbled to be a part of this work.  I am so grateful for this gospel and I am so grateful to be a missionary!  We taught a woman named Monika.  She is a mommy of 4 kids, 2 of which are handicapped.  She has a strong spirit and really has a gift of recognizing spiritual things.  Years ago she had a dark feeling come into her heart as she visited a church, and she swore that she would never go to church again.  But we met with her and talked to her and she said she just felt good the whole time we were talking and especially as we prayed together, and she said she would come to church with us on Sunday.  It is a MIRACLE.  Our God always has been and always will be a God of miracles.  I know it and I am so grateful for it!

And speaking of miracles, this Wednesday we will have all 8 missionaries in our district and our 2 zone leaders from Hamburg here in Lüneburg for a couple hours to work with us and find people to teach and to see miracles.  Our ward here will be praying for us and we will be praying and any other prayers in our behalf on that day would be much appreciated :)
I love my ward in Lauenburg.  They are so wonderful and loving and everytime I see them I am just filled with JOY!  Yesterday, we went out to Familie Glück's farm for dinner.  We saw all their sheep and chickens and bunnies and cats and dogs, and there were animals and rolling hills and Germans and the sun was shining and I was just so happy.  I love it here, even when the work is hard, I KNOW I am where I am supposed to be and I KNOW that I am loved by my father and I KNOW that I am doing the work of the Lord with the Lord.  I am so grateful to be here.  I love you all and am ALWAYS praying for you!  Keep smiling and living the gospel.  I am so proud of you all! 

Love, Sister Stringham

SO PROUD OF YOU ALL AND CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THE TEMPLE AGAIN SOMEDAY!!!

http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/church-dedicates-142nd-temple?cid=HPTU030414536&im=true

No comments:

Post a Comment