Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Week # 36 Miracles and Bedrest

Hallo Lovelies!!

So, this week was wonderful!  And lots of things happend!
First of all, we had great success at our district finding activity.  THANK YOU FOR ALL THE PRAYERS!!  We felt them for sure, and we found people to teach and we are so grateful!  I love this work and I love the missionaries I serve with.  They are such powerful examples and I always learn so much!  I GOT TO SPEND THE DAY WITH MY DARLING SISTER JARDINE, just like old times.  It was lovely, and we were frueing ourselves the whole day :)  She is SUCH a rockstar missionary and I am the luckiest girl in all the land to be trained by her, and then to again be in her district here in Hamburg.  I learn so much from her and am always just so inspired and uplifted!  Heavenly Father knows each of us so well, and He puts us with people, not in places.  We are so grateful to be here together.  I was actually really sick the day of district finding, so after teaching the thema in district meeting and learning SO much from out district and zone leaders, and having lunch with the district, Sister Jardine and I went back to the apartment and I spent the rest of the day in bed.  We talked and prayed and it was perfect.  She taught me so much, as per usual, and it was just what I needed.  So grateful to have her here.

Which leads me to the next news:  I am sick.

Sicky sick sick.

But!  Alles wird gut!!

So this week I got the stomach flu which lasted for a few days, but brought back all of the pnuemonia symptoms.  It was a little frustrating at first because I saw SO many miracles with my health before my mission.  It was only the direct intervention of God which got me out here, and it was frustrating to be sick halfway through. And it scared me!  The idea of having to go home and leave this place and the people I love.  Having to leave the vineyard!  I was scared and angry and then!  I realized!  That is a lack of faith.  In the scriptures it teaches us that fear is the opposite of faith and something that the perfect love of Christ casteth out.  It says that fear is spoken of as something unworthy of a child of God.  Fear is unworthy of us.  We have a Father who loves and cares for us, and if we will but trust and follow Him, we will inherit ALL that He has.  Once I remembered that and who I really was, the fear was gone.  Heavenly Father has a plan for me and will take care of me and will help me to do all that I need to do.  I am so grateful for the time that I have already had here, and I am working hard on getting healthy so that I will have nine more months! I am so grateful for Sister Knecht who has taken SUCH good care of me here!!  I am so grateful for all that I have already learned and all that I have become.  I know that this time and sacrifice has been worth it just for that.  I am so grateful for all of the support and prayers in my behalf.  

ELISHA IS BAPTIZED!!!!!!

So I wasnt there, but I am so very very happy and proud of this little boy.  He is one of the wisest I have ever taught, and he is 9!  His family is amazing and I am so happy and grateful that he has come into the fold of God and has received the Holy Ghost.  He will be a strength and a beacon to his family now and in generations to come.  SO HAPPY!!!


Elisha's Baptism - Bruder Marzahn, Elisha,my companion, Sister Chevalier, and Gladys (Elisha's mommy)


Birgül's Birthday - Two of Bigül's husband's friends (Josef and something else???), Birgül (with her little girl Marya on her lap), me, Sister Chevalier, and Sara (Josef's wife) It's super funny that just during the picture they make straight faces because the rest of the time they were beaming from ear to ear...

Last week Monday we went to Oranienburg in the northern tip of Berlin and went to a Concentration Camp Memorial (Sachsenhäuser Gendenkstätte) there. I am a sensitive soul and it was rough. It was so sad! So many people were killed for no reason. It made me think a lot too, about how blessed I am and how my knowledge of the Savior really makes a difference. My favorite line from Preach My Gospel is 'Everything that is unfair about life will be made right through the atonement of Jesus Christ.' I know with my whole heart that is true! All of our losses will be made up. Christ came to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives and to set at liberty them that are bruised (see Luke 4:18). If that happens in this life or the next - it will happen! 


Sachsenhäuser Gendenkstätte


I love and miss and pray for you all every day.  I love this work and I love my mission.  I love my God and my Savior.  I know that this is their work, and I am so grateful and humbled to be a part of it.  I am so grateful to be here!  I love my mission!!  And I will keep loving it and smiling in rain or shine or bedrest!
Love, Sister Stringham
I think this is my favorite sermon from the Savior. I love my Savior and I know Him and am so grateful for that:

https://www.lds.org/bible-videos/videos/the-good-shepherd-and-other-sheep-i-have?lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment