Monday, March 24, 2014

Week #37 Back to the Streets!

Hallo, so after a trip to the hospital, a week in bed, and a call from the mission medical advisor in Frankfurt, I am back of the streets of Lüneburg preachin' and teachin' and savin' the souls of men!

I spent a couple days in bed, got worse and went to the hospital.  It was not a fun experience and the Germans doctors were very grumpy, BUT!  I learned some new German terms and that was stellar!  And we found no pneumonia which is also stellar! 


I spent the rest of the week in bed, still was not any better, and so I was called by the missionary doctor.  He asked lots of good questions, gave me some good suggestions, told me to load up on the pain meds and hit the streets this week and see how it goes!  We want to get me functioning again as soon as possible so that I can stay out here serving the Lord.  I am super optimistic about the this week, and although it scares me to be out working, I know that I am not alone because THE LORD IS WITH ME.  I know it.
So, pray for me as I am out this week!  I did it yesterday and felt so fully and so truly the hands of the Lord, strengthening me and helping me to do everything I need to.  I am sick and tired, but I am SO HAPPY and I have faith in my Father and that He is taking care of me and that He will give me the strength I need. 

I got a beautiful Priesthood blessing this week from my district leader and I testify, with all my heart and as a representative of the Lord Jesus Christ, that the Priesthood is a real power.  It is the power of God and it can and bless and heal here on earth.  I have no fear for the future because I know that God is with me and that He is strengthening me. 
I love my God!!  And I love my mission!!!
I love my mission!!!!  I am so grateful for it!!  This week we had interviews with President, who is probably my favorite person on the planet.  Favorite line from this past interview:
"Sister Stringham, you are my strong little sister.  You are just good, like a cat by a warm fireplace.  We will get you healthy again."
#germancompliments

I love my mission and my mission president!!  And I love my leaders!!  This week we also went on tausch and so I got to spend a day with Sister Jardine.  It was such a tender mercy and exactly what I needed.  The Lord knows me so well and has sent angels to me out here in the field to help me and build my faith.  And that is what SIster Jardine is, an angel sent to help me.  I am so grateful for Sister Jardine and all that she does for me, and for my companion Sister Knecht!
I am so grateful to be a missionary.  I love my mission with all my heart, and I love being a missionary.  I know that this work is true, and that it is truly the work of God.  I know that God knows each one of us and loves us so dearly.  I know that He is with me.  I love Him so dearly and I love this work.  I love my mission.  And I love all of you!  I am thinking of you and praying for you!!  Keep smiling and staying faithful, even in tough times because that is what life is all about, and it is our faith that makes us whole and happy!  I am so happy!  

Love you all!!

Love, Sister Stringham

No comments:

Post a Comment