Monday, June 16, 2014

Week #49 - Berlin and Back again

Hallo!!

So, I dont have much time to write, but we had interviews this past week.  President said that we have to close down Lüneburg, which is so sad because we JUST got the work KICKIN!  He has to close down 8 sisters programs because he does not have enough sisters.  Sisters!!  Serve missions!!!  We need our girls out there just as much as we need as our young men! As soon as he gets more sisters in October though, he will open it back up.  Until then, these people we love are in the hands of the Lord and they are so loved by Him, they will be well taken care of!

Usually, transfer calls come on Saturday mornings, but Friday night we get a call from President:

Me: Hi President!  How are you doing?

President:  I am doing good Sister Stringham.  My Sister Stringham, you are being transferred.

Me:  Oh.

President:  You will be going back to Berlin.
Me: Oh.

President:  You will be serving in Tiergarten...
Me:  ...........oooohhhhh.........

President: .....and you will be serving under Bischof Onkel.
Me:  OOOHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

President:  I love you and trust you completely, let me talk to Sister Knecht......

.....und so weiter...............

Needless to say, there was lots of screaming and excitement after the phone call was over!

I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!  And so ready to serve my uncle and his ward and the other 8 missionaries there and TO BE BACK IN BERLIN!!!!!

I love you all, and I will talk to you next time from my favorite city in the world!!!  Again, thank you to everyone who has written me.

Love, Sister Stringham


It has been such an honor serving with these amazing missionaries in the AMAZING Lauenburg ward!!  #luckiestsisterinalltheworld


​Last day in Lüneburg, with Spaghetti Eis to celebrate!! #lovethissister!

No comments:

Post a Comment