Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Week #47 - 6 MONTHS NOCH!



Tomorrow, I will have only 6 months left of my mission....
So sad and happy and CRAZY!  My time is flying by and I am working and praying very hard to give my very best to the Lord these last 6 months!

So storytime:
1) I love serving in a farm ward.  Last week, one of the dear members of my ward who rides to church on his bicycle every week with his wife and 5 of his 10 kids, came running in before church started.  He was so excited and so enthusiastic!  He had found something very special!!  He found a rare kind of.....beetle.  So excited, he passed it around to everybody, who also rejoiced and went on and on and on about this beetle and how wonderful it was...it was so great and made be just so happy.  I LOVE THIS WARD!
2) Missions are just one adventure after another.  We went to visit a brand new member family in our area (THE SECOND FAMILY HERE!  WHOOO!) on a Saturday everning.  We didnt realize...but the busses stopped at 6 in this little part of town......soooo.....we spent the rest of the evening walking the 9 kilometers back to our home.  I felt like a little hobbit on a grand adventure, walking and walking and walking all the way :)  I LOVE MY MISSION!

3) Yesterday, we fasted as a district for help and miracles for those we are teaching.  AND THEY CAME!  Our God is a God of miracles!!  Sigrid finally came back to church and she had such an amazing, spiritual experience and just cried and sobbed the whole time.  The Spirit was so strong and so amazing!  We talked about covenants in Sunday School and it was wonderful and we went over the baptismal covenant.  We have talked to her about baptism several times, and she is praying about the date we gave her, and she said she has had her spiritual confirmation and answers to her prayers that our church truly is the restored church of Jesus Christ, but she just wants to be sure.  So it was so inspired when the sunday school teacher and our stake president presented the lesson, addressing so many of her fears.  She was so happy and just cried, and then cried all through fast and testimony meeting.  After church, as we were talking in the hallway, she saw the bishop and went up and talked to him.  They went into his office for about 20 minutes, and we were just waiting and waiting to know what was happening.  As she came out, she had tear stains on her face, she gave us a hug and left.  The bishop talked to us later and said that she asked him for a blessing!!!  All on her own!!  He said it was so powerful, and that she knew why she was there, and that he talked to her about being sealed in the temple to her husband who just passed away.  It was a miracle, and I am so grateful for this gospel.  I am so grateful and I testify in the name of our Savior Jesus Christ that this gospel is true.  I know it with all that I am.  I know that death has no sting because families are eternal, and through the ordinances of the temple, that our families can be together forever.  I know that we will live again because Christ lives.  I know it.  I am so grateful to be in His church and to be doing His work.  I know that He is with us in this work!  I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!

I love you all so much!  I love the people with whom I serve, I love my mission, and I love being a missionary of God.  I love this gospel with all my heart, and I am always praying for you!  "Trust in God and believe in good things to come." - Elder Jeffery R. Holland

Love, Sister Dilly Dal

Godbless my sweet puppy who passed away this week.  She was my gardian angel and best friend for the past 11 years, and I am so grateful that God sent her, and I am so grateful for the plan of God, because I know I will see her again.  Because of Him, death has no sting.  All dogs go to Heaven :)




No comments:

Post a Comment