Monday, June 30, 2014

Week #51 - Lovin Cousin Time!

Hallo!!!

What a wonderful, blessed week here in Berlin!!!  I love this ward, I love my companion, I love the other missionaries I work with, I love this work, and I love my Savior and His gospel!  I am so happy and I am SO blessed!!

So, exciting things this week:

1) We had a lesson with a new convert family from Cambodia this week, and they told us all about the traditions of their homeland and made us traditional Cambodian food: Spring Rolls, rice, spinach, and cow inestines...it was so yummy!!  I love living in Berlin where there are a billion different cultures and foods and people!!

2) I LOVE being in the same ward as my family!!  We have so much fun, and just makes me want to be even better and work even harder as a missionary!!  I just feel so blessed!!  Last pday, we went to a Swedish candy shop, and then went to an AMERICAN diner  and ate biscuits and gravy and fried chicken....mmmmm, can't wait to eat American food again!!!  Here are the lovin cousins:




3)We have this older couple that we are teaching, who are so sweet it's insane.  The husband is from Indonesia, has had 3 strokes but is really doing well, and is probably the sweetest man on the planet.  The wife isGerman, and used to be a Jehova's Witness, and that is how she met her husband, because she tried to convert him.  They were feeling so lonely, especially the husband, and prayed a few weeks ago that they would be able to find some friends for him, and then right after that prayer, they met the sisters on the street!  MIRACLES, and they know we are from God!  This week we went over and Frank Sinatra was on when we came in, and he just started crying he was so happy to have someone over.  We then taught them about the plan of salvation and the happiness it brings, and it was just such an amazing lesson!!  We are hoping to find them a ride to church next week!!

4) Because our mission president is the COOLEST and he is German, he gave us permission to watch the Germany vs. USA soccer game. Ah it was so fun!!!  We went over to my uncle's house and watched it there with bratwurst and chips and dip and lots of candy, and it was just such a blast!!  And so INTENSE!!!!!!!!!!  There was so much American pride, even from the Canadian Elder Wipf, it was insane!!  ...too bad we lost....but at least Elder Rückauer was happy!!  #TOOOOR #letsgogermany! #weltmeisterschaft(worldcup)




5) Michael, our investigator from Nigeria, came to church and stayed for all three hours and then for the lunch we had afterwards, and made friends with lots of members, including all the Afrikan ladies in the ward!!  WOOHOOO!!!

 I love the faithful good members here who live the gospel of Jesus Christ!  And I am excited for the day I can do the same! #hasteningthework

Well, that's all I have time for this week, but know I am SO HAPPY and that we are seeing miracles everyday!  We are changing Germany!!  I love my God and I love my mission!

 I love you all and am praying for you!!

Love, Sister Dilly Dal

No comments:

Post a Comment