Monday, September 15, 2014

Week #62 - One of Fifteen Here in Berlin



Hallo lovelies!!

Here she is, my beautiful new companion!!!!




Her name is Sister Frenkel and She is such a sweetheart! She is from Frankfurt, which means we speak ONLY German which is hard but way good for my German!  Hopefully I will finally learn this language a little bit better! #evenoldmissionariescanlearnnewtricks
Seriously, she is wonderful though and a ROCKSTAR missionary already!  She is just stoked to go out and work and serve, and she is so sweet and patient with me!  I LOVE HER SO MUCH and I am really excited and blessed to be able to serve with her here in Tiergarten!!

Also, exciting news....I saw all the missionaries I love that are still here this week!  Sister Jardine called me for the finisher phonecall (#stillinlove #dreamteamspandauforever) and then during the week Sister Keller and Sister Rasmussen stayed overnight (ahhhh I LOVE these sisters) and then I FINALLY saw Sister Harris and Sister Knecht again at the meeting (#somuchuglycrying).  Ahh I am SO BLESSED to be here with those I love!!!  I love my mission!

Now, to the most exciting part of the week/possibly my life:
An Apostle of the Lord, Jesus Christ, came and visited us this week.  Elder David A. Bednar came and spoke with us and it was just amazing.  I cant really describe, but the Spirit of the Lord was so strong.  You could feel the difference as soon as he walked in the room.  We learned so much as we just did a QA session for a few hours with him, and then at the end, he gave his apostolic witness and blessing.  It was one of the most spiritual experiences of my life.  I know with all my heart and my soul that he is truly an apostle of the Lord.  He is one of fifteen men on the earth who have this sacred calling.  He speaks with power and authority of God, and through His Holy Spirit.  He is a special witness of Jesus Christ, and I know that he is called of Him.  I know that this church is true, that it is truly the church of Jesus Christ restored through modern day revelation and prophets.  I know that the work that we are doing here is the work of God, and that He is with us in this work. I know that the Book of Mormon is true, and changes lives everyday, because it has changed mine.  I know that my redeemer lives, and that He is at the head of this church.  I know that by living His gospel, we can be happy with our families for all eternity.  I am so happy to be sharing that testimony and that witness with the world.  I am so unbelievably blessed, and I am so grateful to be here.  I am so grateful that I got to see an apostle of the Lord and to hear his testimony in person, and to feel the spirit so strongly again confirm the truth of this work.  I am so grateful!!!  I pray that you know that I know, and that you know for yourselves :)





No comments:

Post a Comment