Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Week #60 - Sommerfest!



Hallo!!!

First: Me and my BEAUTIFUL companion!  We love each other.  Whole bunches!


Second:  This week we had our big ward summer party!  It was such a blast, and there were a good amount of people there.  Oh and Bruder Jordan brought two pigs on spits which was just about the coolest thing ever, and super tasty.  Also, there were games and fun and a talent show, and Bishop ran around in a candy suit for the kids and it was all just a blast.  Its funny how those parties can be a little more stressful for missionaries, just as we are trying to make sure everyone has friends.  Tip for members: be friends with those who come to the parties :)  It was great though, and we had spent the week inviting friends and less actives, and one actually came!!  Her name is Samaimah, and she is a member of the church from Tonga, and she is the cutest sweetest lady on the planet!  We had so much fun getting to know her, and she said she will be coming every Sunday from now on which is wonderful! Ah the church is true, no matter where you are!  Miracle! 

Third: Another miracle from this week was when we were walking down the street, and a saw a little man in an oversized suit coat, with gray hair and a distinctive walk...I screamed out his name, and who turned around but my dear Artur, the miracle investigator I taught in Spandau for the first 7 months of my mission.  What the junk he was doing in the middle of Berlin, I dont know except that God put him there at exactly the right moment!  He looked better than last time I saw him, since right at the end of my time there his life kind of fell apart and we lost contact, and even though things werent going super well and he didnt have a place to sleep, he had a little bit of light in his face again, just like he had before.  We were so happy to see each other again, and the spirit and the love of God was just so strong as we talked.  Ahh I love that man, and it was such a tender mercy from Heavenly Father that I could see him again before I left Germany.  I testified that he needed to be at church and that God was still there loving and watching over him, and we were able to talk for about 2 minutes and then he had to run.  Short, but so sweet and definitely from God.  I don't know when the right time will be for Artur, but he is good and he is SO loved by our Father.  The Lord has been leading and guiding him his whole life, and he knows this church is true with all his heart, and someday he will recieve the full blessings of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  MIRACLE!
Fourth: .....ahhh time is running out. We went to the Pergamon Museum today as a district and saw an exhibit on Babylon and on Islamic Art!  Super cool!!  Also, I LOVE the missionaries I serve with! 

#Taufgartenunity

I love you all!  I am praying for you!  Keep being good and trusting in God.  He is there for you, I know it with all my heart and soul.  I know He is there, and that He loves every single one of us very, very much.

Alles Liebe, Sister Dal

No comments:

Post a Comment