Monday, January 27, 2014

Week #29 - Immer Noch Cold

So this week in Spandau...COLD!
The winter blasts cannot stop the Mormon missionaries, so we hit the pavement in the snow and ice, which is an adventure in of itself, so its been fun!!  I walked the sole out of my boots, which meant very cold, wet feet this week for Sister Stringham.  But we go on!  New boots today!
Straight up Gs here in Spandau!


In other news, this week was great!!!
It was pretty slow at the beginning again, but we had an amazing lesson with Wichian on Thursday.  We felt strongly that we needed to bring Bruder Krause along so we did and that was bomb, and the Bischof came in and joined our lesson half way through which was even better.  It was an incredible lesson and I was taught my two men of great faith, and it was a huge turning point for Wichian too.  We wants so badly to believe, and he is learning to believe in and trust God and our Savior.  It is such a testimony builder to watch!  I love my mission!!
Then, YESTERDAY  we had a MIRACLE. 

In other news, this week was great!!!
It was pretty slow at the beginning again, but we had an amazing lesson with Wichian on Thursday.  We felt strongly that we needed to bring Bruder Krause along so we did and that was bomb, and the Bischof came in and joined our lesson half way through which was even better.  It was an incredible lesson and I was taught my two men of great faith, and it was a huge turning point for Wichian too.  We wants so badly to believe, and he is learning to believe in and trust God and our Savior.  It is such a testimony builder to watch!  I love my mission!!
Then, YESTERDAY  we had a MIRACLE. 
So, as I said before, this week was a little slow, so we decided we needed to boost our faith and thrust in our sickles.  We fasted and prayed, and then, on Sunday after church, we planned to go out and have a lesson with an old contact from the Elders.  Rose is an African mom with a big personality and an even bigger heart.  When we made the appointment on the phone, she just kept saying how much she needed Jesus in her life, so we were really excited about our lesson.  BOOM BEST LESSON EVER!  Although the teaching was scattered, the Spirit was THERE!  It was such a testimant that this is not our work, but truly the work of the Lord. We taught the Restoration of the gospel and how, just as in days of old, we have a prophet again on the earth to today to teach and guide our families.  She just kept saying over and over how much sense it made that Heavenly Father would be working in the same ways, and that we would have more than just the Bible.  She told us that she has been waiting for this and that she would put her kids to bed as soon as we left and stay up to read in the Book of Mormon.  She said a beautiful prayer for us at the end of the lesson, where she just thanked God over and over for us, asked him to bless her with positivity as she searched for the truth of the church, and how excited she was to become a member of HIS church.  Then she said she was so grateful that we came and how she wants to raise her two beautiful children in His light and His church. 
It was incredible, I have never had an experience quite like that in my 7 months here, and I am just so grateful to be a missionary.  I am so grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ, and I am so grateful that I get to be a part of His great work, and bring soulds to Him.
I love my mission and I love my God!
And I love all of you!!  Thank you so much for all of your support and prayers.  I love and pray for you too!!!   Keep smiling!
Love, Sister Dal


Pretty Typisch :)  LOVE THIS GIRL!!!  Please note the giant wurst we are eating for dinner.  LOVE GERMANY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment